I love to reuse things that would normally end up in the trash!
If you went into my garage or checked out my laundry room closet you’d find a box full of other broken down boxes, containers from sour cream and cottage cheese, jars from spaghetti sauce and salsa, and egg cartons, among other things.
I’ve found multiple uses for all this stuff, so I thought it’d be fun to share some ideas with you!
- Reuse them as food storage
- Use them as plant starters
- Make sure to cut small holes in the bottom to allow water to drain
- Fill with soil and plant whatever seeds you want
- Use them to store small craft and other items around your home
- Let your kids make coin banks out of them
- Use them as water cups for painting and other crafts
- If you can get the paper ones (which I can’t seem to ever find anymore, and I really wanted some this year) they work great as seed starters as well
- These make awesome paint cups. They keep the colors separate while allowing a large variety
- Sorting (and storage) trays for toddler activities
- Obviously, reuse them to store or ship items
- Let your kids cut them up and make their own awesome projects
- Use them for your own crafting purposes
- Such as making templates
- Water cups for painting
- Vases for flowers
- Store nuts and bolts, nails, and screws
- Make them into votive holders
Newspapers and Magazines:
- Use to keep crafting messes in check
- Let your kids cut them up and make collages
- I love using these as pencil, crayon, and marker holders
- Paint brush holders and water cups for painting
This list could go on and on and on… haha. You can repurpose your “trash” in so many ways.
If you have some ideas you use for “trash” feel free to share them with me in the comments section. I’d love to hear some new awesome ways to reuse.
If you liked this post I’d love for you to share or like it! Thanks for reading!