The packing and camping checklists are more sheets that I keep in my home management binder. You can read about my home management binder and how to set one up here.
I individually tailor them to each of my family members.
I love having these because it eliminates forgetting things. One of my biggest problems used to be going on an extended trip only to get there and find out we’d forgotten something important, resulting in a detour to the store to pick up what we needed. Ugh! So I devised these lists and they have been such a life saver.
To create them I sat down and made a list for each of my family members, including myself, of everything that we would need for trips and camping.
If you are going on a trip in which you will be staying at relatives or even a hotel you’d need:
- Toiletries: Bathing essentials, deodorant, makeup, tooth care, etc.
- Clothing (and a few extra pairs for the kids)
- Diapers, Wipes, and any other essentials (for baby)
For trips were you are on the road for an extended period of time:
- Food and Drinks (So as not to spend unnecessarily)
- Things to keep the kids occupied
- notebooks and pencils
- General Items:
- Tent, sleeping bags, chairs, sun screen, bug spray, toilet paper, hatchet, ect.
- Clothing for everyone
- I make a menu plan for how long we will be camping
- Camping Stove
- Camping Cookware
- Plates, bowls, utensils
- Cooler with ice
- I also have lists for if we are camping near water which include:
- Fishing poles, tackle box, plastic bags (for fish), bait, and gloves.
- Suits, towels, and floaties
I have made generalized sheets for both packing and camping. You can get them by clicking the links below.
Thanks for reading! Remember, if you found this post useful feel free to share, like, or comment!
Sign up to receive weekly email updates from Always Doin Something here!