I am starting preschool with my 3 year old this year.
I am so excited. I have been planning for all of my kiddos, but hers has taken me the longest. She has a slight speech problem and is slightly defiant so I wanted to be sure to cover all of the bases and be able to keep her interested.
I put together manipulative bags for letters, numbers, and colors. Manipulative bags are fun and engaging learning activity for your child.
In our alphabet bags I have:
- 1/2 page size letter play dough mats
- A small letter puzzle
- A envelope full of letter stickers (for use with our ABC Sticker Book, check out that post here: ABC Sticker Book Free Printable)
- A letter flash card
- A letter magnet
- Pictures of items that start with that letter
- I also tried to include an object or two that starts with each letter as well
In our color bags I have:
- A container of play dough
- A color flash card
- Multiple items of the color such as: colored popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, and small blocks.
In our number bags I have:
- A number flash card
- A small number puzzle
- A variety of manipulatives for counting such as: popsicle sticks, bottle caps, small blocks.
The great thing about these manipulative bags is that most of the items can be picked up at your local dollar store.
Thanks for stopping by! If you liked this post I’d love for you to share, pin, and comment!
I also have an email list (I promise I won’t spam you!) You can sign up here!